Did you ever think about giving probiotics to your children fordisease prevention?
Children develop their microbiome in the womb and through early childhood. It’s thought that an unhealthy microbiome is responsible for many diseases.
Some factors can interfere with the work done by the good bacteria in the intestines, such as :
- a change in diet
- a weakened immune system
- infection (e.g., gastroenteritis)
- physical or emotional stress
- taking antibiotics.
In these cases, probiotic supplements, depending on the strain, can :
- help balance the intestinal flora;
- help increase natural defenses by fighting the spread of bad bacteria;
- help treat and prevent diarrhea;
- improve the absorption of certain nutrients;
- facilitate the digestion of lactose for people with lactose intolerance.