For applicants going on holiday to Switzerland or Austria, staying at a hotel, in a rented flat or who visit Switzerland/Austria on a coach tour (visa type C / Schengen visa application form).
- Application form duly completed and signed by the applicant (applications which are not fully completed dated and signed will not be accepted).
- Passport valid for at least three months after the date when the holder leaves Switzerland/Austria/Schengen area and issued within the last 10 years.
- Copy of the applicant’s passport (pages with photo/name and if applicable prolongation).
- Copies of other old and valid visas.
- 2 passport photographs (35-40mm in width, sharp focus and clear, close-up of head and neck, undamaged, not older than 6 months). Pictures not meeting the requirements will be refused.
- Confirmation of hotel accommodation or a holiday flat, giving details of the customer’s name and length of stay sent from the hotel , duly scanned by e-mail to the Embassy of Switzerland in Georgia. Computer or internet print-outs are not accepted.
- Evidence of employment (a letter from the employer with the registration number of the organisation) with the followin ginformaiton:
– Applicant’s position
– Salary statement
– duration of applicant’s leave
A description of the organization activities may be required. The letter should be addressed to the Embassy of Switzerland and should be drafted in English, German, French or Italian or translated into one of these languages. If the original is in Armenian, the translations needs to be approved by a notary.
- Solvency proof (bank account statement incl. cash flow). Each person must prove to be able to finance every day of stay with at least CHF 100.00. The letter should be addressed to the Embassy of Switzerland and should be drafted in English, German, French or Italian or translated into one of these languages.
- Reservation of a round-trip ticket to your home country (original and copy or a print-out of an electronic-ticket). Open tickets are not accepted.
- Accident/medical insurance for at least EUR 30’000.00 coverage (original and copy), valid for the whole Schengen area.
Travelers who wish to enter Switzerland or Austria as tourists have to apply in person.
For particular cases the embassy reserves the right to:
- Ask for a detailed tour programme
- Request additional documents
- Transmit the application to the competent authorities in Switzerland or Austria for their decision