Nearly 80% of consultations in phlebology are motivated by aesthetic, sometimes coupled requests to other complaints: pain, swelling, sensation of heavy legs.
Our phlebologist uses modern research methods, diagnoses, prevention and treatment of diseases such as varicose veins, chronic venous insufficiency, venous leg ulcers, inflammatory diseases of veins (thrombophlebitis) and thrombosis.
Methods of diagnosis:
- Ultrasound scanning
- Doppler ultrasound
- Laboratory diagnosis
All of these methods allow to quickly and accurately inspect the state of the vessels, changes in the vascular wall and valves, as well as the function of venous valves and flow velocity. Thus, it is possible to detect abnormal blood vessels in the early stage of the disease for more effective treatments.
Thanks to ultrasound, which is held during the examination, the doctor phlebologist receives all necessary information for diagnosis. Depending on the severity of vascular lesions, he picks up an individual treatment.
When you need to contact a phlebologist?
Many symptoms may indicate the need for consultation with phlebologist. They are characterized by poor circulation:
- A feeling of heaviness in the legs
- Pain in the legs, as in the load and at rest (in a dream)
- Cramps of feet and legs
- Edema of the lower extremities
- Explicit visible spider veins on the skin
- Appearance of varicose veins
Methods of treatment:
There can be conservative or operative (surgical) treatments, depending on the type and stage of the disease:
- Drug therapy
- Compression treatment (selection of a special jersey for the prevention and treatment of varicose disease)
- Sclerotherapy – hardening of veins and spider veins
- Laser removal of vessels
- Physiotherapy (mechanical lymphatic drainage, darsonval)
- Lymphatic drainage massage
Please see below results of our specialist.